About Pop Warner Tackle Football
Pop Warner Tackle Football has many benefits:
- No Tryouts.
- Football is one of the most "team" intensive sport available. Everyone on the field has a specific function that is integral to the play. Close relationships and communication between teammates is needed. Participating on a Pop Warner tackle football team leads to incredible friendships and bonds.
- Pop Warner exists to use football and a respect for education to develop strong, smart, responsible, healthy young men. We give them experiences that build their appreciation for and understanding of leadership, teamwork and discipline.
- Pop Warner is the only youth football program that sets, and strictly enforces, an AGE and WEIGHT MATRIX that reduces the risk and reality of injuries.
- Prepare for High School Football with the added safety of weight limits. All sizes and skill level of players are allowed at the High School level.
- Pop Warner is played in 42 states with a national championship playoff at the ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex in Disney World Florida.
Did you know Pop Warner is safer than soccer? Pop Warner football has 12% fewer injuries per capita among 5-15 year olds than organized soccer in the same age range! (U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, NEISS).
Coaches are trained to provide the safest program.
RBYFC and Pop Warner Coaches are trained in the "Heads Up" program.
Concussion Prevention and Awareness: In addition to its more stringent return to play concussion rules, Pop Warner took the lead in youth sports by creating a MEDICAL ADVISORY BOARD. The Board was created to ensure Pop Warner remains proactive on all medical issues that affect youth sports, with primary focus on prevention and proper identification and treatment of concussions, hydration awareness, proper nutrition guidelines and general health and safety.
Tackle Football requires a huge time and attendance commitment. Football requires incredible teamwork, knowledge of the game, training for proper form and safety, and athleticism.
- Start date: August 1
- August practices: 5 days per week, 2 1/2 hours per day for a maximum of 10 hours per week.
- Practice after August: 3 days per week, 2 hours
- Minimum practice time before tackling: Each player is required to fulfill 10 hours of practice/conditioning prior to tackle and contact drills. The safety of our players is paramount! Players will be instructed in proper hitting form prior to tackle drills.
- Inter-squad scrimmages: begin after the 20 hours of conditioning is completed by all players.
- Games will be on Saturdays.
- First game will be played last weekend of August (MAY PLAY GAMES ON Labor Day weekend).
- Our home field is Redondo Union High School Football Field.
- Redondo Beach is part to the Los Angeles County Pop Warner Conference. Travel will be required for some games to areas such as: Santa Clarita, Carson, Culver City, Palos Verdes, Torrance...
- Arrival time: at least one hour prior to game start. Players have to "weigh-in" and warm up prior to playing.